We love mussels because they are very versatile and can be used to put together a dish with practically anything that you like/ find in your fridge. As we had lots of really ripe tomatoes in our fridge, we decided to whip this dish together. It's an amazingly easy, fuss-free recipe. We paired these mussels with rice for a simple meal for two.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 9 minutes
Ingredients: 2 tomatoes Oil ¼ onion 1 red chilli, sliced (if you like spiciness like me, slice another piece of chilli padi for that extra kick) 1 cup Hua Diao Wine (rice wine) ½ teaspoon of sugar 500g of mussels
1. Dice the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
2. Heat oil in a pot. Add the diced onion, garlic, chilli and tomatoes and fry until soft.
3. Pour in the cup of wine and sugar. Leave to simmer for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the mussels, stirring them into the simmering sauce. Cover the pot for about 3 minutes to cook.
5. Open the lid, giving the mussels another stir.