Hakka Yong Tau Foo (客家酿豆腐) Recipe BundleDishthefish
Serves 4-6 people. Includes yellowtail fish paste, spotted mackerel fish paste and soya bean paste from Kwong Woh Hing Sauce Factory.
We provide a combination of yellowtail fish paste and spotted mackerel fish paste for this recipe bundle. The fish paste is made from approximately 1.2kg of yellowtail fish (yielding approximately 500-600g of paste) and approximately 1kg of spotted mackerel fish (approx 400-600g of paste. The fish meat is scraped off from the fish bones and skin, followed by some pounding. No additives or preservatives added. No Salt and MSG is added.
- Combine the fish paste with minced meat (optional) and salted fish (optional). Add white pepper and salt according to saltiness preference.
- Prepare the vegetables and tofu to be stuffed.
- Using a butter knife, stuff the paste into the vegetables until they are sightly overstuffed.
- Pan fry all the items over medium to high heat until they are cooked. Transfer the items to a plate.
- In the pan, stir fry minced garlic until aromatic. Add 4 tablespoons of the bean paste and 8 tablespoons of water. Thicken with cornstarch solution (optional).
- Add the pan-fried yong tau foo back into the sauce, and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes before serving.