Organic Ocean Signature Poke Marinade (345ml)Dishthefish
Organic Ocean Signature Poke Marinade
- Chef Select Poke Marinade, 345 ml.
- Price per bottle.
- Makes amazing Hawaiian style poke.
- Winner of Vancouver Magazines 2021 Made In Vancouver Awards Food - Savoury.
- Mix and Match with other seafood items to create your own customized pack.
- Your online purchase of Organic Ocean Signature Poke Marinade makes it possible for us to donate food for two nutritious meals to people in your community who need help right now.
What is Poke?
The word Poke is Hawaiin meaning to slice or cut and generally refers to skinless, boneless raw cubes of seafood that have been marinated in traditional Hawaiian and Japanese seasonings. Poke is pronounced Pokay and was originally invented by fishermen who would season ther “off cuts” from their daily catch and eat them on board the boat. In Hawaii, poke is often made with Yellowfin or “Ahi” tuna.
How to Marinate and Use Poke Sauce
Organic Ocean Signature Poke Sauce is an all natural marinade that can be used with many different kinds of seafood like Wild Salmon, Sashimi-grade Wild Scallops or Wild Spot Prawn Tails but we especially love it with our Steelhead. Simply cut the partially thawed tuna (hint: It’s easier to cut when it's still partially frozen) into small bite size pieces, add green onions and a small amount of the poke marinade (a little goes a long way) and let sit for 30 minutes until fully thawed and the tuna has had a chance to absorb the delicious marinade. Get adventurous and add crushed pineapple to create a teriyaki marinade that’s wonderful with chicken and pork. Poke can be eaten on it’s own, but is popularly served over a bowl of rice with an assortment of colourful sliced veggies. Looking for creative ideas for poke bowls? Check out Chef Helena Yuu’s how to make poke bowl video.